axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WSDL with attachments
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:53:07 GMT
Tony Opatha wrote:
>     I agree SOAP with (MIME) Attachment is probably more interoperable
>     than DIME.
>
>     However, keep in mind that WS-I BP 1.1 has a SOAP Attachment Profile 1.0
>     finalized since last year.
>
>     I believe currently WS-BP 1.1 is being supported by some commercial
>     SOAP vendors with SOAP Attachment Profile 1.0.
>
>     However, AXIS does not support WS-BP 1.1 nor does it support SOAP
>     Attachment Profile; this support will be available in AXIS 2.0.
>
>     On the other hand, in gSOAP there seem to be some support for WS-BP 1.1.
>
>     I think it was a mistake for AXIS 1.2 not to have support for WS BP 1.1.
>
>     AXIS 2 may be months (or who knows may be more than a year) from
>     being released as final release, and having such support AXIS 1.x
>     would have
>     been a great opportunity towards interoperable web services.

Tony,

Remember that Axis is a community project. You are free to add missing
features, and contribute them back. without such contributions, yes,
Axis will lack things you need.

On an unrelated note, I WS BP1.1 is not a cure for interop problems. It
avoided taking any stance on which subset of XSD to use, and by
mandating how to do attachments (MTOM) that was not in any
implementation, rendered it impossible for full compliance to be possible.

-stefve