axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Eran Chinthaka" <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: [Axis2] staxSOAPModelBuilder
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:36:16 GMT
Hi Ashu, Venkat and all,

I'm 0- on making StAXOMBuilder extend from StAXOMBuilder. Remember our
intention in "Axis2" is to make a fast and efficient object model for SOAP
processing. We do lot of stuff specific to SOAP in StAXSOAPModelBuilder. And
we know for sure StAXSOAPModelBuilder doesn't need to support full infoset.

AND, if you look at the code carefully, you might have seen that for each
and every information item creation, I have introduced a method in the
StAXOMBUilder. Example, createOMELement() etc.,

So if you wanna share code between SOAP builder and OM builder, please do
put them in StAXBuilder. So perhaps, Ashu you can put your comments creation
stuff in StAXBuilder.

Regards,

Chinthaka

  _____

From: Shahi, Ashutosh [mailto:Ashutosh.Shahi@ca.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 1:06 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: [Axis2] staxSOAPModelBuilder

Hi OMers  ;-),

As part of XML Infoset, there was some code added to next() method in
staxOMBuilder to process comments etc.

But, we have staxSOAPModelBuilder also, where we do not have any such
capability yet. Now comments can be part of soapMessage as well.

I have a test soap message :

"<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>" +

                                    "<!-- Comment -->" +

                                    "<env:Envelope
xmlns:env='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>" +

"<env:Body><echo><arg0>Hello</arg0></echo></env:Body>"
+

                                    "</env:Envelope>";

And doing something like:

stAXSOAPModelBuilder =

                        new StAXSOAPModelBuilder(

                                XMLInputFactory.newInstance()

                        .createXMLStreamReader(inputStream));

Where input stream has soap message with comments gives an OMException.

Now my question is:

Both StaxSOAPModelBuilder and StaxOMBuilder extend the abstract class
StaxBuilder which has next() as abstract method. Why not put the
functionality in next() method of StaxBuilder itself? Or atleast we should
process comments in StaxSOAPModelBuilder as well.

-Ashutosh