axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Eran Chinthaka" <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Making AxisConfiguration observable
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:14:03 GMT
+1. See my comments below.

Hi all;

To support some new features with Axis2 without changing the core
architecture I am thinking of making AxisConfiguration Observable. Then if
some one wants to provide nice feature with he can go ahead and do that good
use case is providing RSS feeders.

In order to do this I have to do following

1.      Introduce event called AxisEvent which take AxisConfiguration as
constructor argument. And the event can be used to notify to all the
observers.

-- This AxisEvent should contain the required information, and I prefer it
to be a bean. Deepal, why did you put the AxisConfiguration in the
constructor ? If AxisConfiguration is the only one who is firing the events,
you *may* not need a reference to AxisConfiguration within AxisEvent.

2.   provide a way to add and register Listeners (Observer) to Axis2 by
adding following element to axis2.xml.

<listener name="RSS" class = "org.apche.axis2.rss.RssObserver">

-- I think you must have put an interface for the observer class of an
event, right ?

At the deployment time those observers will be loaded and initiate.

*    Deepal, did you already implemented this ??

Regards,

Chinthaka

Comments ..

Thanks,