axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Green <ste...@epok.net>
Subject Re: Signature validation regression
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:15:28 GMT
On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 16:09 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Please open a new bug with your sample code to recreate the problem.
> Let's see if we can fix it for 1.3.

The only question is whether this is 1 bug or 2.  Is a MessageElement
supposed to have a complete DOM representation of the xml?

I've poked around a bit more and in SOAPHandler, I see this comment in
addTextNode():

;

;;;;;

:

        // we need to check the length of STRIPPED string
        // to avoid appending ignorable white spaces as
        // message elmenet's child.
        // (SOAPHeader and others does not accept text children...
        // but in SAAJ 1.2's DOM view, this could be incorrect.
        // we need to keep the ignorable white spaces later)

Unfortunately, whitespace is not ignorable with digital signatures but
assuming that the sax recorder is good, this is not really an issue.
Unless otherwise asked to, I won't be opening a bug with this.

~S