axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Green <ste...@epok.net>
Subject Even more symbolTable woes?
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:00:44 GMT
Developers,

I've just run across another problem with the head of CVS as it pertains
to W2j.  The following xsd snippet is cut down from
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#

      <complexType name="ReferenceType">
        <sequence>
          <element ref="ds:DigestValue"/>
        </sequence>
      </complexType>

      <element name="DigestValue" type="ds:DigestValueType"/>

      <simpleType name="DigestValueType">
        <restriction base="base64Binary"/>
      </simpleType>

Once upon a time, the bean metadata for the DigestValue element looked
like this:

	elemField.setXmlName(
            new javax.xml.namespace.QName(
                "http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#", "DigestValue"));
        elemField.setXmlType(
            new javax.xml.namespace.QName(
                "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema", "base64Binary"));

But now it looks like this:

	elemField.setXmlName(
	    new javax.xml.namespace.QName(
		"http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#", "DigestValue"));
	elemField.setXmlType(
	    new javax.xml.namespace.QName(
		"http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#", "DigestValue"));

And as a result, I get this:

	org.xml.sax.SAXException: Found character data inside an array element
while deserializing

Hand editing the generated code gets me past the problem.  Before I dive
into this and potentially create a bug report, does anyone recognize
this as a known problem?

~S