axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]transport and rest support for the stubs
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:08:36 GMT
Hi Tom, all:

IMO, there should be exactly *one* "extra" API on the generated class, and
that thing should give you access to all the Axis2-specific functionality.
This could be done in several ways:

- 1 -

class StubAPI {
    public MessageContext getMessageContext();
    ...etc (Axis APIs)...
}

class Stub {
    private StubAPI _stub;
    public StubAPI _getStub() {
        return _stub
    };
}

class MyStub extends Stub

- 2 -

class Stub {
    public MessageContext getMessageContext();
    ...etc (Axis APIs)...
}

class MyStub { // DOES NOT EXTEND STUB
    public Stub _stub = new Stub();
    // OR
    private Stub _stub = new Stub();
    public Stub _getStub() { return _stub: }
}

This way you say stuff like:

myStub._stub.getMessageContext();

instead of:

myStub._getMessageContext();

This allows us to use as many APIs as we want without worrying about
cluttering the namespace of the actual generated stub class.

Thoughts?
--Glen