axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Venkat Reddy <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Integrating Complete XML infoset support
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:33:26 GMT

Like i said in the earlier thread on the same subject, there are
couple of issues if we move the child API from OMElement to a seperate
interface. The excerpt from my old mail:

"The client API currently uses OMElement.addChild() to build the
message. Even if
we try to use setParent() instead of addChild() here, the user has to
typecast the OMElement into OMElementImpl and pass it to setParent,
which is not elegant."

Do have any ideas to resolve this? Until we get new ideas, here is my
+1 for OMDocument extends OMElement.

-- venkat

View raw message