axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency on JavaMail
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 15:30:23 GMT
Hi Paul;
> Why does Axis2 seem to have a hard dependency on JavaMail? The need
> for loads of dependent JARS for things I never used was one of the
> issues I've had with Axis1. Can we make this more pluggable?
I too like a switch for not compile the additional stuff, we can put a exclude
rule in the maven build to exclude them, But I have not yet found a way to
load or not load it base on some option.I will give it a try.

As the java mails is download by the maven I thought it is ok for now.
At the runtime Axis would work without SMTP jar if the mails transport
is not used.

I am +1 for have a minimal build, Let us add a bug so we do not for
get it and try to fix it if possible
Thanks
Srinath