axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Thilina Gunarathne <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Re: Dependency on JavaMail
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:23:07 GMT
Hi,
It can also be due to MTOM support. For the moment the mtom source files in
the build uses Gerenimo Java Mail & Activation implementations. But those
implementations seems not complete yet. So to have MTOM support we need to
have Sun javamail packages. In that case we'll be giving the option for the
user to build axis2 without MTOM support using Gerenimo implementation. Only
if the user wants MTOM and need to check the test cases, then they can drop
the sun mail & activation jars to their local maven repository.
 Unfortunately it seems we won't be able to ship MTOM support with Axis2 M2
due to some problems in the transport layers. Currently transport layer use
java.io.Reader & Writer to write out the stuff. But Readers & Writers will
not support writing Binary data to the streams. Because of that MTOM
implementation needs them as InputStreams & OutputStreams ( which i earlier
assumed to be there since we knew MTOM is coming)
 I tried to fix the streams stuff, but still some test cases fail. :((
It seems I need some support from the transport guys to get the stuff fixed.

 Thanks & Regards,
~Thilina

--

"May the SourcE be with u"