axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Dovholuk, Clint" <Clint.Dovho...@GlobalCrossing.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] NoClassDefFoundError when using Axis2 Eclipse plugin
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:47:29 GMT
Hi Ajith,

Yes crimson was missing from the classpath.  I've recently switched over
to version 5 of the sdk so it makes sense why it was missing!  Thanks
for that, I wasn't aware crimson was included with 1.4.x...

Just wondering, but is there any plan to include the .jar with the
plugin for those people using sdk 5.0?  The solution wasn't difficult, I
just had to download the jar from apache and put it into the lib
directory under the plugin directory
({EclipsePluginDir}/Axis2_Codegen_Wizard_1.0.0/lib). Then I edited the
plugin.xml to include the jar and restarted eclipse.

Thanks,
-Clint

-----Original Message-----
From: Ajith Ranabahu [mailto:ajith.ranabahu@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:04 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Axis2] NoClassDefFoundError when using Axis2 Eclipse
plugin

Hi,
Hmmm... The error tells me the cimson implementation is missing. The
crimson DOM implementation is used to do the XSL transformation.
This crimson implementation is packed with the JRE 1.4.x. So please
check the JDK/JRE version you are using.
You can use the commandline tool but still it would use the JRE 1.4
classes. So unless you fix the JRE problem. code generator won't work!

On 6/14/05, Dovholuk, Clint <Clint.Dovholuk@globalcrossing.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm trying to use the Axis2 plugin for Eclipse.  I get to the end of
> the wizard where I click "Finish" and "nothing happens". So I looked
> in {workspace}/.metadata/.log for the issue and I see this error over
> and over ( every time I clicked the "Finish" button ) ;)
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2005-06-14 12:00:28.629 !MESSAGE
> org/apache/crimson/tree/XmlDocument
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/crimson/tree/XmlDocument
>         at
> org.apache.axis.wsdl.codegen.emitter.MultiLanguageClientEmitter.create
> DO
> MDocuementForInterface(MultiLanguageClientEmitter.java:433)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.wsdl.codegen.emitter.MultiLanguageClientEmitter.writeS
> ke
> leton(MultiLanguageClientEmitter.java:207)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.wsdl.codegen.emitter.MultiLanguageClientEmitter.emitSk
> el
> eton(MultiLanguageClientEmitter.java:305)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGenerat
> io
> nEngine.java:99)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.tool.codegen.eclipse.CodeGenWizard.doFinish(CodeGenWiz
> ar
> d.java:102)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.tool.codegen.eclipse.CodeGenWizard.performFinish(CodeG
> en
> Wizard.java:78)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:
> 67
> 6)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:
> 34
> 9)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:556)
>         at

org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)
>         at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
>         at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:844)
>         at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3058)
>         at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2691)
>         at
org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:809)
>         at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:787)
>         at
> org.eclipse.ui.actions.NewWizardAction.run(NewWizardAction.java:181)
>         at
org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:996)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(
> Ac
> tionContributionItem.java:538)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContrib
> ut
> ionItem.java:488)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionCo
> nt
> ributionItem.java:400)
>         at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
>         at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:844)
>         at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3058)
>         at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2691)
>         at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1716)
>         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1680)
>         at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java
> :3
> 65)
>         at
> org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
>         at

org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
>         at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActi
> va
> tor.java:226)
>         at

org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
> 376)
>         at

org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
> 163)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.j
> av
> a:39)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccess
> or
> Impl.java:25)
>         at
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)

--
Ajith Ranabahu