axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: SOAPMessage vs. SOAPException in SOAPConnectionImpl
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2005 03:05:03 GMT
That's what I did, but seemed way too simple.  Thought I may have missed something or maybe
there was some rule I wasn't aware of.

Submitted a patch:
  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-2087

Thanks!

David

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 10:20:44PM -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> try
>
> "return new Message(af);" instead of "throw new SOAPException(af);"
> and see if that helps.
>
> -- dims
>
> On 6/24/05, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Dealing with a very interesting failure.   It seems that anytime you use a SOAPConnection
to make a call, you only get a fault back if the the server sent it.  Anything that would
be a valid fault as per the WSI basic profile is rewrapped as a SOAPException and the fault
codes are lost.

> > SOAPConnectionImpl.java
> > -----------------------------
> >     public SOAPMessage call(SOAPMessage request, Object endpoint) throws SOAPException
{
> >         try {
> >             Call call = new Call(endpoint.toString());
> >             call.invoke((Message) request);
> >             return call.getResponseMessage();
> >         } catch (java.net.MalformedURLException mue){
> >             throw new SOAPException(mue);
> >         } catch (org.apache.axis.AxisFault af){
> >             throw new SOAPException(af);
> >         }
> >     }
> >
> > Shouldn't this code create a SOAPMessage containing the fault rather than rewrap
and throw it as a SOAPException?