axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Current Axis problems and questions about the future
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 18:27:42 GMT
Tom,

I can take responibility for the problems :) Am actually happy that it
is a handful of problems...lessons learned:
- Put out more releases, more often.
- Make everyone run their test suites more often.
- Add *MORE* test cases.
- When fixing a problem, add a test case first.

I don't care too much about "doing more harm than good to the source",
If Axis does not get the work done, folks will move on and find
alternatives. If folks who wrote it originally are not around, active
users are not going to sit around twiddling thumbs. So, i am all for
folks taking a stab at fixing their own problems. Also, Yes, i'd
rather spend concerted effort on Axis2. Since it is a rewrite anyway.
BUT 1.X is not going to go away anytime soon. There are just too many
people depending on it.

Thanks,
dims