axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Davanum Srinivas (JIRA)" <axis-...@ws.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (AXIS-2050) .NET interop failure on arrays of complex types.
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:55:53 GMT
    [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-2050?page=comments#action_12313507 ] 

Davanum Srinivas commented on AXIS-2050:
----------------------------------------

i can recreate the problem.

-- dims

> .NET interop failure on arrays of complex types.
> ------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: AXIS-2050
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-2050
>      Project: Apache Axis
>         Type: Bug
>     Versions: current (nightly)
>     Reporter: Dan Armbrust
>     Priority: Blocker
>  Attachments: RC2 request, RC2 response, daily request, daily response
>
> When consuming a webservice with .NET (C# client code) - all complex type arrays are
presented in .NET as a size 1 array.  The rest of the data is lost.  This does not occur with
the Axis client code.  This was last known to work correctly in 1.2 RC2.
> I set this at Critical, but if someone else can reproduce this, I feel that it should
be a blocker to the 1.2.1 release.
> I have set up two public Axis servers to demonstrate the problem.
> Daily Build of Axis:
> http://informatics.mayo.edu:8180/dailyBuild/services/VocabRuntimeService?wsdl
> 1.2RC2 build:
> http://informatics.mayo.edu:8180/SOAP-HL7-CTS/services/VocabRuntimeService?wsdl
> Here is how I reproduce the error using C#.
> Create a new solution named "Bug".
> Create a web reference to the daily build wsdl file - naming it 'runtime".
> Create a new class, with the following contents:
> using System;
> using Bug.runtime;
> namespace Bug
> {
> 	public class RuntimeTest
> 	{
> 		static void Main() 
> 		{
> 			RuntimeOperationsService ros = new RuntimeOperationsService();
> 			CodeSystemIdAndVersions[] temp =  ros.getSupportedCodeSystems(0,0);
> 			foreach (CodeSystemIdAndVersions  a in temp)
> 			{
> 				
> 				Console.WriteLine(a.codeSystem_id);
> 				Console.WriteLine(a.codeSystem_name);
> 				Console.WriteLine(a.codeSystem_versions);
> 				Console.WriteLine(a.copyright);
> 			}
> 			Console.WriteLine("");
> 			Console.WriteLine("The size was " + temp.Length);
> 			
> 		}
> 	}
> }
> Run the code, observe that it only outputs one item.
> Now, change the address of the web reference to the 1.2 RC2 address.
> "Update" the web reference.
> Rerun.
> Observe an output of 156 items.
> I will post more information shortly - but it would be great if someone else could verify
this bug.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message