axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dan Armbrust (JIRA)" <axis-...@ws.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (AXIS-2050) .NET interop failure on arrays of complex types.
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:00:55 GMT
.NET interop failure on arrays of complex types.
------------------------------------------------

         Key: AXIS-2050
         URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-2050
     Project: Apache Axis
        Type: Bug
    Versions: current (nightly)    
    Reporter: Dan Armbrust
    Priority: Critical


When consuming a webservice with .NET (C# client code) - all complex type arrays are presented
in .NET as a size 1 array.  The rest of the data is lost.  This does not occur with the Axis
client code.  This was last known to work correctly in 1.2 RC2.

I set this at Critical, but if someone else can reproduce this, I feel that it should be a
blocker to the 1.2.1 release.

I have set up two public Axis servers to demonstrate the problem.

Daily Build of Axis:
http://informatics.mayo.edu:8180/dailyBuild/services/VocabRuntimeService?wsdl

1.2RC2 build:
http://informatics.mayo.edu:8180/SOAP-HL7-CTS/services/VocabRuntimeService?wsdl


Here is how I reproduce the error using C#.

Create a new solution named "Bug".
Create a web reference to the daily build wsdl file - naming it 'runtime".

Create a new class, with the following contents:
using System;
using Bug.runtime;

namespace Bug
{
	public class RuntimeTest
	{
		static void Main() 
		{
			RuntimeOperationsService ros = new RuntimeOperationsService();
			CodeSystemIdAndVersions[] temp =  ros.getSupportedCodeSystems(0,0);
			foreach (CodeSystemIdAndVersions  a in temp)
			{
				
				Console.WriteLine(a.codeSystem_id);
				Console.WriteLine(a.codeSystem_name);
				Console.WriteLine(a.codeSystem_versions);
				Console.WriteLine(a.copyright);
			}

			Console.WriteLine("");
			Console.WriteLine("The size was " + temp.Length);
			
		}
	}
}



Run the code, observe that it only outputs one item.

Now, change the address of the web reference to the 1.2 RC2 address.
"Update" the web reference.

Rerun.
Observe an output of 156 items.

I will post more information shortly - but it would be great if someone else could verify
this bug.



-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message