axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Integrating Complete XML infoset support
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:04:54 GMT
On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 13:03 +0530, Venkat Reddy wrote:
> Alek,
>
> Like i said in the earlier thread on the same subject, there are
> couple of issues if we move the child API from OMElement to a seperate
> interface. The excerpt from my old mail:
>
> "The client API currently uses OMElement.addChild() to build the
> message. Even if
> we try to use setParent() instead of addChild() here, the user has to
> typecast the OMElement into OMElementImpl and pass it to setParent,
> which is not elegant."
>
> Do have any ideas to resolve this? Until we get new ideas, here is my
> +1 for OMDocument extends OMElement.

Maybe I didn't understand it (I didn't follow the previous thread
carefully) but if there's an OmContainer interface containing
addChild(), getChild() etc. etc., then if
	interface OmElement extends OmContainer
	interface OmDocument extends OmContainer
etc. then I'm not clear why one needs to do a cast. Can you expand
please Venkat?

Sanjiva.