axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Integrating Complete XML infoset support
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:05:07 GMT
On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 13:20 +0530, jayachandra wrote:
> Resolution:
> -----------------
> Now this is left for the community to thoroughly discuss how we will
> support full infoset. FYI, earlier before the release of M2 I worked
> on this and found that making OMDocument extend OMElementImpl would
> complement the lacking functionalities like child API, serialization
> functionality etc. for OMDocument, without disturbing any of existing
> code base.
>
> Yeah, the above fix gives the impression that OMDocument ISA OMElement
> and that might not be correct. But if we all can churn and come out
> with a better design I can use that to re-implement the infoset
> support, as much as I can.

This is how its done in most DOM impls too .. in fact IIRC Xerces DOM
impl doesn't even complain if you add multiple child elements to the
Document node! That's ok; that's a programmer error anyway :).

So +1 for making OmDocument extend OmElement.

BTW are you working on JAX-WS stuff too? Cool!

Sanjiva.