axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith Ranabahu <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Proposal for adding a method in OMElement API.
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 04:38:10 GMT
Hi all,
Well since our OMElementImpl keeps its own list of namespaces adding /
declaring a namespace would affect that Element only. if the reference is
removed from the parent I don't see a problem with the children since they
keep their own reference to the particular namespace. We ask for a mandatory
namespace at creation, rememebr ?
The only thing that will not be elegant is the serialization.(I don't see a
problem though. The serializer handles it right and generates a sematically
valid XML. That generated XML is not elegant)
So even though a non-used namspace does no harm (except serializing it on
the declared element making the XML ugly) we can techinically remove it
without a problem.

--
Ajith Ranabahu