axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Shahi, Ashutosh" <Ashutosh.Sh...@ca.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Changed Call method?
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 11:59:01 GMT
Srinath,
       Looking to confirm what u said,I noticed following code in
InvokeBlocking() method:
        if (isEnvelope) {
            return resEnvelope;
        } else {
            return resEnvelope.getBody().getFirstElement();
        }
And in prepareTheSystem() method:
        if (toSend instanceof SOAPEnvelope) {
            envelope = (SOAPEnvelope) toSend;
            isEnvelope = true;
        } else {
            SOAPFactory omfac = OMAbstractFactory.getSOAP11Factory();
            envelope = omfac.getDefaultEnvelope();
            envelope.getBody().addChild(toSend);
            isEnvelope = false;
        }

This tells we can pass SOAPEnvelope and I think, if we send Envelope
we'll receive envelope, so casting should be safe. So the Envelope
structure u said should not be possible. Am I missing something?

Also, I guess one should be allowed to pass complete envelope, else how
can a user add soap header elements? Also, SAAJ connection classes
require envelopes passing capability, so if this doesn't happen in OM
I'll have to do some extra coding there.

Ashutosh