axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] Re: svn commit: r169274 - in /webservices/axis/trunk/java/modules/core/src/org/apache/axis: context/SystemContext.java engine/EngineConfiguration.java engine/EngineConfigurationImpl.java
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 15:32:31 GMT
Hi Glen,

> Whoa!
>
> -1 on this name change.  I'm not sure where this came from (there wasn't
> discussion on the list about it, was there?), but I think "AxisSystem"
> is pretty generic and not very clear.  If you want to drop the "engine"
> concept (?), then maybe AxisConfiguration and GlobalContext?

Sorry, this commit went in before my email .. I have a long email
expanding on the context discussion we had at the F2F. Please evaluate
your thoughts after that .. the name is not the important thing - more
the role it plays. If we agree on the roles then we can fix the names as
appropriate. (I'm not hung up on AxisSystem, but that seemed like the
most consistent name we could come up with that wasn't biased to the
server or client sides.)

Mail will leave my machine soon.

Sanjiva.