axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith Ranabahu <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] OMNodeImpl notes
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:16:51 GMT
Yes I have to admit that "time to time tweaking" has corrupted OM to a
certain extent. For starters I am not happy about the serilizing code and
planning to rewrite it (without putting you guys in trouble ofcourse :)) May
be I can team up with Chinthaka and go through the OM hierarchies to find
inconsistancies and fix them. You input is also much welcome.
BTW I also agree that this is the best time to tackle this problem. If we go
on further it will be harder to modify.

On 4/19/05, jayachandra <> wrote:
> As seen by Venkat, I too feel there is a serious lack of role
> definitions and proper design when it comes to OM code (viz. OMNode
> not doing the supposed tree manipulation stuff, OMElement deviating
> from its semantics to do tree manipulation stuff and other such
> anamolies). May be a detailed mail (by Venkat?) explaining all such
> things and with due emphasis on good design practices can help us
> refactor the code fully. We better do that refactoring as early as
> possible rather regret in the end after the code base grows gigantic
> beyond refactoring.
> Awaiting a detailed mail from Venkat!
> Bye
> Jaya