axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith Ranabahu <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Purpose Deployment changes
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:54:48 GMT
Hi all,
Sorry that I did not answer this mail earlier. I guess Ishould mention the
trail of thoughts that led to the introduction of this "context bag".

The first and foremost requirement is the ability of the set of contexts to
be serialized. The goal is to use the java serializer and hence we can't
have cyclic references. So the hierarchy is supposed to be one way (no
backward references). We decided that the best thing to do is to keep the
original hierarchy and introduce a "context bag" which has the references to
all the contexts in need.
This effectively allows the context tree to be serializable and let the
handlers access the context bag instead of the message context.
In my mind, Operation context <> MEPContext!
Operation context is a axis-server-lifetime object and MEP context only
lasts until a the MEP is complete. In essence there can be multiple MEP
contexts inside one particular Operation context. Simply, operation context
is a container for the MEP contexts.
This is how I see the context hierarchy.

Engine Context (better called Global :))

---- Service Context

---- Operation Context

------ MEP context

----- Message Context