axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From jayachandra <jayachan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] [Update] XMLConformace Testing Report.
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 06:21:44 GMT
Hi!

Sanjiva, we do have issues with OM as well.
-->To start with, OM lacks PI, comments and DTD support. On my end, I
added their implementation into OM code base and then ran the test.
-->A default namespace for 'xml' prefix is supposed to be in the scope
of every XML element. I did a work around on my machine as to
declaring this namespace inside the OMElementImpl constructor methods
itself, before running the tests.
-->The 'baseURI' property support is not provided by OM inside
OMElement. If we can keep track of this one thing in OM it can help us
reduce the number of parsed tests that fail at comparison phase by a
good number (a few fifties).

However, getting a 100% success is unlikely without *full* DTD
implementation built into OM. Alek was saying DTD support is not that
well implemented in stAX, it seems, and if that be the need he
suggested to use woodstox.

And Sanjiva, just to be extra cautious that I don't give out wrong
signals :-)... so far I tested OM against *only* valid XMLs of 1.0
version that should be parsed and serialized using any infoset
implementation. We haven't tested OM against how well it can _reject_
invalid and ill-formed XMLs. They actually form the larger fraction of
the XMLsuite about 1800 :-(

Thanks for all your support
Bye
Jaya