axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Axis 1.2 Status / Array Issues
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:31:28 GMT
Hi all:

Quick update on Axis 1.2.  As a bunch of the blocker issues deal with
literal array support in one form or another (1547, 1673, 1838), I spent
the last few days hacking some new functionality into the code.  We now
(in my sandbox) recognize things like

<element name="field">
  <complexType>
   <sequence>
    <element name="item" type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
   </sequence>
  <complexType>
</element>

as "String [] field" instead of "my.package.ArrayOfString field" - this
involves carrying the metadata about the "inner" QName for the array
components in the ParameterDesc/ElementDesc representing the parameter
or bean field, and also generating the correct WSDL.

I'm currently trying to get all-tests to work with the new mods, and
hope to check it in soon.  I'm planning to take a look at the other two
blockers immediately thereafter.

--Glen