axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Can OM with differed building really be so effective in Axis2?
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 02:35:24 GMT
Chathura Herath wrote:

>Hi Eran, HaoRan Zheng,
>
>One more thing.. There is another point that will give us a performance
>improvement. If our data binding tool is working on StAX or SAX, which I
>believe we are and will, then we ll have a direct OM pull stream --> Java
>Object conversion.

that is true for 'vanilla' SOAP without securit or reliability 'flavors'
- adding only those two aspects in the mix make everything to perform
much slower and data binding is anything but simple in such cases and
performance gains may be very small especially if size of SOAP:body is
much smaller than size of all SOAP:headers ...

>There will be no intermediary object model such as DOM .
>This will be desirable for our performance.

that is always good idea to avoid building XML tree that may not be
neede (like in case of XML message forwarding by intermediary) except
when it can not be avoided then a small implementation that is optimized
for memory size and performance (in that order) is important and that is
what i think AXIOM is for - very fast way to process XML infoset ...

alek