axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaliya Ekanayake" <jal...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis 2] Storage Mechanism for Axis 2
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:51:25 GMT
Hi All,

We started looking into implementing of WS-RM on top of Axis 2. There is a
need for a persistent storage mechanism for messages and some other related
objects. We believe that axis should facilitate the function of saving the
messages (in-memory or in a database), since there may be many usages of
this in different modules.
As an API we would like to propose the following

package org.apache.axis.storage;

public interface Storage {

    public String put(Object value);

    public Object get(Object key);
}

package org.apache.axis.storage;
public class InMemoryStorage implements Storage {
}

package org.apache.axis.storage;
public class PersistanceStorage implements Storage {
}

However we noted that in the AbstractContext class under the package
org.apache.axis.context package, it uses some persistence and non
persistence hash tables for storing objects. So is it true that  ultimately
the implementations of the "Context" will use the Storage mechanism provided
by axis to store its contents?
Please send your comments on this.

Thanks,

Jaliya, Chamikara and Saminda