axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] What should we have in AXIOM ?
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:13:17 GMT
> +1 for option 1. Keep AXIOM as simple as possible and
> layer everything on top it in a manner that when we
> want performance we can take all that fancy code off
> through some switch! I would like to see AXIOM by
> default to be in this mode and if someone wants it to
> do error checking, schema aware parsing, builder
> extensions, etc. etc. he has to go an explicitly set
> those flags.
> One more comment about programmer convenience. AXIOM
> was designed with performance in mind. Hence certain
> methods were introduced which were obviously not the
> most convenient methods to use and certain others were
> consciously left out. However, since then many methods
> have been added and certain architectural changes too
> have been made considering requests from users. IMO
> this trend should stop.
Hi Dasarath;

You need to name the *certain* methods and architectural changes for
your comments to helpful? I have myself requested many changes to OM
and I belive there are lot that are crucial.

AXIOM is subjected to evolve on the requirements yet I too agree that
changing too often do not help it. But the each change should be
discussed individual basis on their merits and deficiencies and

View raw message