axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2]Should we create a Transport module?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 04:05:30 GMT
Hi Ciaran;

> Im a long time lurker(and long time user of AXIS) and have been
> meaning to contribute for sometime. This particular subject is of
> particular interest to me and Id like to kinda put in my 2 cents
> worth. Im probably not going to be an immediate contributer to the
> code(would like to do a bug hunt first to help out).
Yap .. hunting the bugs is the most cooleast help at Post-release period :)

> But thinking
> about transport, would it not be wise to define a common interface
> between AXIS and whatever and then fit the transports to that ? The
> first pass at an attempt would probably cover 90% of transports and
> then the exceptions could be gradually integrated.
Yap .. actually we are trying our best to define a common interface! I
love to go in to the length of building the transport after the core
so the transport are pick in later!

yet  we got problems e.g. in the case of the Servlt .. servlet starts
the message processing and servlet call Axis. So what ever we do
Servlet go to start the thingy  :)  we try best to generalize the
transport based on the Writers and readers and seems that is best we
can do

But sure enough a fresh look would yeild better solutions! please let
us know if you found any!
cheers
Srinath