axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith Ranabahu <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2]Should we create a Transport module?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 04:06:28 GMT
Hi all,
Well I am definitely +1 to move the transports away from the core but
0- on having a seperate module for each and every transport. This is
my suggestion.
1. Keep the base transport interfaces in the core module. Then core
can be built standalone.
2.Keep all the transport implementations in one transport module.
Probably the seperation can be with different packaging.
(org.apache.axis.transport.http,org.apache.axis.transport.http.smtp
etc)
3. To build the transport modules the maven build will include
seperate goals that would build HTTP only, SMTP only and so on.

thoughts?

BTW I am not happy with having sub modules. it seems to complicate
things so our modularization should not go above one level

--
Ajith Ranabahu