axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From babloosony <babloos...@gmail.com>
Subject Can this soap message be consumed ?
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:19:29 GMT
Hi All,

I am using AXIS 1.2 RC2, Custom (De)Serializers. I am returning a
custom class (Forecast.java) from a EJB Web Service method  which has
java.util.HashMap member variable in it. Now when I access this
service I am getting below  soap response from the web service
deployed on WebSphere. It is assumed that my hashmap has
java.lang.String's as  keys and java.lang.String's as values

<soapenv:Envelope
   <soapenv:Body>
      <getWeatherResponse
xmlns="http://ws.sosnoski.com/wsdl/wroxaxis/appendixb">
         <forecast xmlns="http://ws.sosnoski.com/schemas/wroxaxis/appendixb">
            <zip>343434</zip>
            <city>Campbell</city>
            <state>CA</state>
            <date>April 11, 2003</date>
            <hash-map size="2">
               <entry key="a">b</entry>
               <entry key="c">d</entry>
            </hash-map>
         </forecast>
      </getWeatherResponse>
	</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I think for any web service client to consume this message it needs
custom (De)Serializes. Can any java based client or .NET based client
successfully consume this soap message ?  How does a .NET client
consume this ?  Please suggest ?

How can the HashMap representation in soap message can be translated
to java.util.HashMap on client side assuming we are
using java on client side ?

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.