axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From babloosony <babloos...@gmail.com>
Subject Doubts on handling exceptions in AXIS based Web Services
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:26:06 GMT
Hi All,

Say I am exposing below skeleton EJB method as web service using AXIS.

public String getMethod1()
{
	..
	getMethod1.1()
                ..
}

1. If getMethod1.1() throws some unchecked exceptions that I didnt handle
in my code then how is this axis web service going to handle that. Will
it automatically convert that unchecked exception and throw as
AXISFault to client.  We need manually need to do anything in this
aspect ?

2. Also how to hande service specific application level & system
specific exceptions ?

3. AXISFault can be an exception occurring on client side or server
side or both ?

Please suggest ...

Thanks & Regards,
RKN.