axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Thilina Gunarathne <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] MTOM Patch
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:49:09 GMT
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:59:42 +0600, Srinath Perera <hemapani@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 for a vote and get in to Thilina in to the team :)

A big thanks go to all of U. :">

> To best of my knowladge we do not talk about the things like how to
> recognize the MTOM element ect
Actually recognising part is quite straight forward. We just have to
check for the <xop:include> element & the namespace as it is defined
in the XOP specification.
Regarding the identification of a MOTM message IMHO we can use the
HTTP binding & the "type="application/xop+xml"  header.

> We do not need to bring in the code to main tree till we talk about it
> enough. I am happy with MTOM arch, but there are things to be
> calrified how it fixed in to OM!

For the moment I have introduced a new node to the AXIOM called OMBlob
which implemets OMNode directly. This element can be used store binary
data which are qualified for optimising using MTOM. this  Binary data
which are not qualified for optimising will be put on to a OMText Node
after converting to base 64 string. This is done to preserve the
infosets at two ends.

> Shall we do this .. let create a WIKI for the MTOM and ask thilina to
> put his doc in to the WIKI. Let is list the issues and solutions in
> the wiki.
Sure definetely I will. I'm working on a new doc at the moment. I'll
put it ASA it finishes.
I agrees to Ajith Aiya. Lets have patience. :)

regards,
-Thilina

thlina@opensource.lk