axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unqualified soap elements as response
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 22:03:13 GMT
Axis is behaving properly. <ns1:echoStringResponse>, which is the
RPC/encoded wrapper element, and the child element of the SOAP body,
is a qualified element -- as it should be. <EchoStringReturn>, which
is the return value for an RPC/encoded, and the child element of the
return wrapper element is an unqualified element -- as it should be.

Now, what I find confusing is that you sent a doc/literal request (or
perhaps wrapped), but you got an rpc/encoded response. I can tell that
this is a doc/literal request rather than an rpc/literal request
because the input parameter <sample1:echoString> is a qualified
element. If it were an rpc/literal request, the element would be
unqualified.

What does your WSDL doc say it should be? Doc/literal or rpc/encoded?

Anne