axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [Axis2] REQUEST_URI in mail transport
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:51:59 GMT
Shawn Dahlen wrote:

>It seems to me that the WS Addressing spec is meant to solve these issues.  The To field
allows for approriate routing to a given endpoint (the service) and the Action field provides
dispatching to an operation (although the endpoint may have just a generic receive method
and do manual dispatching).

>This has been my thought when I wrote about a low level messaging model.
>
>Does everyone believe that WS Addressing should be fundamental to the core engine?

hi,

i think WSA is integral part of engine already?

i agree that if possible WSA:Action/To should be used to do routing (are
there definitive rules how to do it?)

as of original question about mail transport receiving messages: i think
that To: in mail should be used in similiar manner to HTTP GET/POST URI
to do dispatch as well.

in other words i see no problem with using Mail:To as REQUEST_URI (and
mybe combine it with Mail:Subject) that is set before engine.receive(MC) ...

thanks,

alek