axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David D. Lucas" <ddlu...@lse.com>
Subject Re: WebSphere Classloader Constraints with XERCES
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:58:29 GMT
Try setting the ear to PARENT_FIRST and the war to PARENT_LAST.
The two settings might be cancelling each other out.

Best Wishes,
Dave

babloosony wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Windows 2000, WSAD 5.1.2, WebSphere 5.1 Application Server
> Test Environment, IBM JDK 1.4. I have an EAR that has xerces.jar and
> below settings on WebSphere Environment :
>
> a.ear Classloader mode: PARENT_LAST
> b.ear WAR classloader policy: APPLICATION
> c.war Classloader mode : PARENT_LAST
>

> When I run my web application that has 'java - jar dependency' set to
> ultity jar xerces.jar at the ear level I am  getting below error:
>
> java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/w3c/dom/Node violates loader
> constraints:  definition mismatch between parent and child loaders
>

> I think that I dont any WebSphere 5.1 runtime's own version of xerces
> and thus getting loaded  by WebSphere Extension Classloader. Can
> anyone please suggest what is that I am missing here ... ?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Kumar.

| David Lucas                      mailto: ddlucas @ lse.com |
| Lucas Software Engineering, Inc.   (740) 964-6248 Voice    |
| Unix,Java,C++,CORBA,XML,EJB        (614) 668-4020 Mobile   |
| Middleware,Frameworks              (888) 866-4728 Fax/Msg  |
| GPS Location:  40.0150 deg Lat,  -82.6378 deg Long         |
| IMHC: "Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life."  |
| IMHC: "I know where I am; I know where I'm going."    <><  |

Notes: PGP Key Block=http://www.lse.com/~ddlucas/pgpblock.txt
IMHO="in my humble opinion" IMHC="in my humble conviction"
All trademarks above are those of their respective owners.