axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Dumontier <mrdum...@blueprint.org>
Subject Patch to allow Dynamic Content to take advantage of DIME record chunking
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:08:03 GMT
Hi,

I wrote a small patch for axis 1.2 RC3 to allow me to take advantage
DIME record chunking. This allows people who generate dynamic content
who don't know the size of their data beforehand to stream out.

I've been streaming 2GB+ attachments out with no problem.

Using it is very simple

for example:

DynamicContentDataHandler datahandler = null;
URL url = new URL("http",host,port,QUERY_STRING);
URLDataSource dataSource = new URLDataSource(url);
datahandler = new DynamicContentDataHandler(dataSource);
datahandler.setChunkSize(10 * 1024 * 1024);

This will make dime record chunks of 10MB, and only buffer 20MB of data
at any one time.

Marc Dumontier
Bioinformatics Software Developer
Blueprint Initiative