axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] OMElementImpl question
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:31:14 GMT
Eran Chinthaka wrote:

><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>            <soapenv:Body>
>               <ns1:getBalance
>xmlns:ns1="http://localhost:8081/axis/services/BankPort/">
>                  <accountNo href="#id0"/>
>               </ns1:getBalance>
>             </soapenv:Body>
></soapenv:Envelope>
>
>What is the namespace of accountNo element ? According to the xml namespace
>spec this has no namespace.
>
>But in SOAP I think all elements should be namespace qualified. So the above
>should be an invalid xml for SOAP builder. Else, can we put the namespace of
>accountNo as the default namespace for SOAP. (What is the defaultNamespace
>of a SOAP message if defaultNamespace is not defined ??)

There is no requirement that "all elements should be namespace
qualified", either in SOAP or in WS-I BP. WS-BP *does* require that the
children of the SOAP Body element need to be namespace qualified, but
this applies only to the direct children of that element (not to all
contained elements).

  - Dennis