axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [Axis2] OMElementImpl question
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:34:57 GMT
Ajith Ranabahu wrote:

>Hi there,
>I suppose what you meant by the null prefix is the default namespace
>declaration.
>have a look at the following XML's and tell me if I have understood
>the problem correctly
>
>xml fragment 1
>
><a xmlns="myns">
> <b/>
></a>
>
>in this case element b belongs to the namespace "myns" even though its
>is not prefixed. I believe this is the null prefix you were refering
>to. OM should support this behavior.
>
>xml fragment 2

> <b/>
>
>in this case the namespace is prefixed and since b is not prefixed it
>is not namespace qualified.

AFAIR actually it is in default namespace - read "Namespaces in XML" spec

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#defaulting

in particular handling '' as namespace name is tricky - only xmlns='' is
ever allowed (xmls:ns='' is invalid)

BTW: all those problems should be detected by parser and serializer
(when you try to serialize OM doc)

alek