axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Eran Chinthaka" <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis2] What should we have in AXIOM ?
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:12:49 GMT
Hi all,

This will some relate to the thread "Doubt on Detail Element in SOAPFault".

AXIOM was not meant to check the compliance with SOAP spec or anything else.
It will just hold the infoset. The reason behind me putting a SAAJ like api
on top of OM was to provide developer convenience. For example, rather than
saying element.getFirstElement(), developers love to use
envelope.getHeader(). So, that was the intention of providing that sort of
SOAP jargon in to Axiom. This was our initial idea.

But later, some have put some checks in to the AXIOM SOAP api. And the
earlier thread also was asking about this validation.

So I have a small question on this. What should we have in AXIOM ??

1. Shall we "KISS" Axiom, and let it be just a info set holder.
    - If this is the case, this will not affect the performance, due to
validation and stuff. And if we make it like this how we gonna provide
validation or do we need to provide validation. Can we leave this up to the
user ?
2. Shall we make AXIOM SOAP stuff do validation on SOAP 1.1 spec as well.
- This will definitely affect the performance.

IMHO, I prefer option 1, which is basically my initial idea as well.

What do you all think about this ?

Thanks,
Eran Chinthaka