axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <>
Subject RE: True/False: Axis *requires* all elements have a deserializer 'registered'?
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:38:17 GMT

Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Viens, Stephen []
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:38 AM
Subject: True/False: Axis *requires* all elements have a deserializer

A colleague using Axis 1.1 has determined that Axis *requires* that all
elements encountered in the parsing of the message have a deserializer
'registered' with Axis.  If a deserializer cannot be found a SAXException is

Is this true? Is there a way around this?

We're striving for loose coupling with this service so we don't want the
consumers of our service to be required to regenerate the client-side
artifacts from WSDL when the schema representing the SOAP response is
*extended* .... UNLESS they're interested in the new information.

View raw message