axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: AXIS Stubs Problem and unable to consume EJB web service
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:59:24 GMT

Does the class
 com.ram.engine.ejb._DCSummaryWSHome_Stub
Implement the interface
  com.ram.engine.ejb.DCPlanListWSHome

That is all the EJBProvider is trying to do.  If not, then your
configuration isn't specifying the right class.

Disclaimer: I don't know much about EJBs.  I do think I am the one who put
the error message in the code however, to try and help those that *do* know
EJBs, but it was a looong time ago.

Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development
-----Original Message-----
From: babloosony [mailto:babloosony@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 9:54 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: AXIS Stubs Problem and unable to consume EJB web service

Hi All,

Environment
------------
WSAD 5.1.2
AXIS 1.2 RC2 on both server and client
WebSphere Application Server 5.0

I have deployed an EJB using WSAD 5.1.2's WebSphere 5.0 Test
Environment and exposed it as web service  using AXIS 1.2 RC2 on the
server side.

I am able to test and run the ejb using WSAD's Universal Test Client
but when I write a web service client program  that uses AXIS 1.2 RC2
generated stubs I am getting below error:

 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot cast class
com.ram.engine.ejb._DCSummaryWSHome_Stub to interface
com.ram.engine.ejb.DCPlanListWSHome
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
    {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.lang.ClassCastException:
cannot cast class com.ram.engine.ejb._DCSummaryWSHome_Stub to
interface com.ram.engine.ejb.DCPlanListWSHome
    at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:2
21)
    at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:12
8)
    at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationCo
ntext.java:1083)
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1712)
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1963)
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1691)
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1963)
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1691)
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:667)
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:337)
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:448)
    at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext
.java:226)
    at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:645)
    at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424)
    at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChe
cker.java:62)
    at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:173)
    at
client.irsc.bluestart.DCPlanListWSBindingStub.getDCPlanList(DCPlanListWSBind
ingStub.java:178)
    at
client.irsc.bluestart.IrscDcPlanListWsClient.query(IrscDcPlanListWsClient.ja
va:36)
    at
client.irsc.bluestart.IrscDcPlanListWsClient.main(IrscDcPlanListWsClient.jav
a:55)

    {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:hyddl0337

[...]

Can anyone please tell what is this error occurring and how to solve it ?

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.