axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Package refactorings
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:59:10 GMT
Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> Option One - to do these changes in prototype2 itself.
> I don't think this is a good idea, since we remove, refactor, etc., Its true
> that, u can retrieve things later. But I'd prefer not touching that, and to
> freeze it for sometime.

Either you believe in the source control system, or you don't.  If you
don't, we shouldn't be using it. :)  We've already got copies of the way
the tree is now, which are easily retrievable with SVN - so I wouldn't
be nervous about changing it.

I think this is the way to go, in order to make the histories of the
files in the main source branch simpler once we move there.  Refactor in
prototype2/, then move.

> Option Two - create a folder (say, M1) in scratch area, copy all the stuff
> from prototype2, do all the changes, and then move to main src tree

This would be OK too.

> Option Three - copy all the stuff from prototype2 to main src area directly,
> do the refactoring there itself.

This seems silly to me.  If you know you're going to refactor, why do
you want to bother to make the files in the main src area contain all
that extra history?

--Glen