axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schuerig <mich...@schuerig.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Switch Style/Use/Scope to org.apache.axis.constants
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:28:48 GMT
On Tuesday 08 February 2005 17:02, Venkat Reddy wrote:

> I may be wrong, but think that Michael's sample would still fail in
> the new scenario, if it reprsents some old code importing "enum"
> instead of "constants".
>
> package test;
>
> import org.apache.axis.enum.Style; // i've replaced "constants" with
> "enum"
[rest snipped]

The important difference in this case is that there's a working and
obvious solution: use the constants package, not the enum package. Vice
versa it doesn't work as enum is a reserved word as of J2SE 5. Thus
there is a way out of the trouble where without the switch there isn't
one.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  There is no matrix,
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        only reality.