axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Switch Style/Use/Scope to org.apache.axis.constants
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:35:39 GMT
Venkat,

we are not trying to cover all possibilities...objective is to
deprecate enum package and make sure none of our code depends on enum.
(for example Call.java's setOperationStyle). If someone passes in
org.apache.axis.enum.Style.DOCUMENT to Call.java's setOperationStyle
(AFTER we make the change and make the parameter to be
constants.Style) it would still work. that's the objective. If people
have written code where they depend on enum.Style when they compile
code they will be warned by the deprecation flag. Given the hoopla
about enum in jdk1.5 and vigourous discussion on the various mailnig
lists in axis, am sure everyone would understand that there are no
fail-proof alternatives.

-- dims