axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Dig in to Axis 2
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:59:26 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

> Likewise, if the Axis2 mentality is: "wow, JAX-RPC 2.0 really stinks,
we're
> building something better" I would LOVE to see that documented somewhere
so
> that I could understand the differences between the Axis2 and the
> forthcoming JAX-RPC 2.0 SI/RI.  I've always struggled to answer "why do
you
> use Axis over JWSDP 1.x?"

That is indeed my own personal opinion .. that JAX-RPC sucks :-). I
will write something about this soon. The architecture of Axis2 was
designed to enable both me and JAX-RPC fanatics to live in harmony;
so the base core does not have any JAX-RPC stuff as Srinath said, but
it can be layered on easily. M1 will not have the JAX-RPC layer, but
I expect Axis2 v1.0 will have the whole deal but will still clearly
allow non-JAX-RPC usage.

Sanjiva.