axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] organizing a 2nd face-to-face meeting - DATES: March 29th to 31st (inclusive)
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:08:03 GMT
Hi Guys,

Given there were no negative votes, let's move this to March 29th to
31st. We'll start a wiki page to start designing the agenda etc..

In terms of logistics, we will also put stuff on a Wiki page. If you're
coming *please* don't just buy a ticket from some random travel agent
without asking for suggestions here .. there are straightforward and
inexpensive ways to travel to Sri Lanka from anywhere; you just have
to know a bit! (Many average, esp. US, travel agents won't know what
the right route combos are.)

If you've never been to Sri Lanka before please consider staying
a few extra days and travelling a bit. Contrary to what the news may
indicate, our country is not ravaged by the tsunami .. only parts of
the coast is! If you can stomach it would be worth travelling south a
bit to see some of the damage .. its a different sense from what
you see on TV. In fact, visiting and spending some money on the local
tourism industry is a great way to help the country!

If you need any help on the local side, please contact Caryll Sela,
the LSF Secretary. Her email address is caryll@opensource.lk.

Looking forward to seeing you here soon!

Sanjiva.