axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "James Clinton" <James.Clin...@ins-sure.com>
Subject RE: Bug using arbitrary XML inside body?
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:03:45 GMT
I have used message type services in Axis 1.1 with no problem.  So
unless something has changed in the latest release I'd be surprised if
there is a bug...

If your unable to solve this problem try using document services
instead.  You have to build the WSDL first as you need to include a
schema to represent your payload, but the advantage is you can use RPC
style calls to fetch the XML sent in the payload.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Walter Bauer [mailto:walter.bauer@coware.de]
Sent: 19 January 2005 14:36
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Bug using arbitrary XML inside body?

Hello,

before issuing a bug report, I'd just want to make sure, that I'm not
doing
something wrong.

I'm using the MessageService sample to echo an arbitrary XML using SAAJ
as
client. See Xml below.

Using Axis 1.1, the reply is as expected (the same XML). Using Axis
1.2RC2
only the following fragment is returned:

    <soapenv:Envelope
      <soapenv:Body>
        <AUCTIONBLOCK>
          <ITEM/>
        </AUCTIONBLOCK>
      </soapenv:Body>
    </soapenv:Envelope>
  </result>

Adding logging to the MessageService.java shows, that the received
message-xml is already truncated.

I tried all four valid signatures for message-style services:
    public Element [] method(Element [] bodies);
    public SOAPBodyElement [] method (SOAPBodyElement [] bodies);
    public Document method(Document body);
    public void method(SOAPEnvelope req, SOAPEnvelope resp);

Best regards,
Walter Bauer

-----

XML parsed and sent using SAAJ as Body:

<SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <AUCTIONBLOCK>
        <ITEM>
            <TITLE>Vase and Stones</TITLE>
            <ARTIST>Linda Mann</ARTIST>
            <DIMENSIONS>20x30 inches</DIMENSIONS>
            <MATERIALS>Oil</MATERIALS>
            <YEAR>1996</YEAR>
            <DESCRIPTION>Still Life</DESCRIPTION>
            <PREVIEW-SMALL src="burl-s.jpg" width="300" height="194"
alt="Vase and Stones"/>
            <BIDS>
                <BID>
                    <PRICE>6000</PRICE>
                    <TIME>3:02:22 PM</TIME>
                    <BIDDER>Chris</BIDDER>
                    <TIMESTAMP>1307</TIMESTAMP>
                </BID>
                <BID>
                    <PRICE>5700</PRICE>
                    <TIME>2:58:42 PM</TIME>
                    <BIDDER>John</BIDDER>
                    <TIMESTAMP>1315</TIMESTAMP>
                </BID>
                <BID>
                    <PRICE>5600</PRICE>
                    <TIME>2:54:32 PM</TIME>
                    <BIDDER>Andrew</BIDDER>
                    <TIMESTAMP>1308</TIMESTAMP>
                </BID>
                <BID>
                    <PRICE>5500</PRICE>
                    <TIME>2:48:08 PM</TIME>
                    <BIDDER>Chris</BIDDER>
                    <TIMESTAMP>1307</TIMESTAMP>
                </BID>
                <BID>
                    <PRICE>5000</PRICE>
                    <TIME>2:47:58 PM</TIME>
                    <BIDDER>opening price</BIDDER>
                    <TIMESTAMP>1298</TIMESTAMP>
                </BID>
            </BIDS>
            <TIMESTAMP>1315</TIMESTAMP>
        </ITEM>
    </AUCTIONBLOCK>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>

Meeting Customer Needs Exactly

Whether you are a Managing Agent, Lloyd's Broker or London market insurer or reinsurer, our
Insurance Professional Services teams can meet the challenges that unforeseen resourcing or
business requirements can present.

By drawing on our full range of services, short-term business problems can be solved quickly,
project-based staffing requirements can be met efficiently and longer-term strategic business
initiatives can be resourced effectively.

To find out how we can help your business, visit www.xchanging.com/xips or contact Paul Gilbert
on 0207 972 0011.

THE INFORMATION IN THIS E-MAIL AND IN ANY ATTACHMENTS IS CONFIDENTIAL

AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE.
IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT AND HAVE RECEIVED IT IN ERROR YOU ARE ON NOTICE OF ITS
STATUS.
PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY BY RETURN EMAIL AND THEN DELETE THIS EMAIL AND ANY ATTACHMENT
FROM YOUR SYSTEM.
YOU MUST NOT RETAIN, COPY OR USE THIS E-MAIL OR ANY ATTACHMENT FOR ANY PURPOSE, NOR DISCLOSE
ALL OR ANY PART OF ITS CONTENTS TO ANY OTHER PERSON:

TO DO SO COULD BE A BREACH OF CONFIDENCE

EMAIL MAY BE SUSCEPTIBLE TO DATA CORRUPTION, INTERCEPTION AND UNAUTHORISED AMENDMENT,
AND WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH CORRUPTION, INTERCEPTION OR AMENDMENT OR THE CONSEQUENCES
THEREOF.

WE MAY MONITOR THE CONTENT OF EMAILS SENT AND RECEIVED VIA OUR NETWORK FOR VIRUSES OR UNAUTHORISED
USE AND FOR OTHER LAWFUL BUSINESS PURPOSES.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM A VIRUS IN ANY EMAIL OR
ATTACHMENT.

postmaster@ins-sure.com