axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Milazzo, Michael A HQISEC" <Michael.Mila...@us.army.mil>
Subject Axis and SSL
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:55:22 GMT
Hello,

I deployed an Axis-based web service on Tomcat 5.0.16 and I can access the
web service over SSL within Eclipse.  I added the certificate for the web
service server and our CAs into both the local java keystore and the cacerts
keystore.  I unJARed all the Axis JARs and created one JAR for my client
application.  When I attempt to invoke the program from the command line, I
get an SSLHandshakeException saying that a trusted certificate could not be
found (but it works in Eclipse!).  I know the certificates have not expired,
been revoked, and are still valid.  I am using Java 1.4.2_06 on the Windows
platform.  Has anyone else encountered this issue? Also, I am not using SSL
client authentication.

Thanks,

Mike

Here is some of the output from the command line.

AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.Valida
torException: No trusted certificate found
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeExcept
ion: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_ax.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.j(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown
Sou
rce)
        at
org.apache.axis.components.net.JSSESocketFactory.create(JSSESocketFac
tory.java:186)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.getSocket(HTTPSender.java:1
31)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.writeToSocket(HTTPSender.ja
va:370)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:88)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrateg
y.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:147)