axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] Proposal for Client API
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:40:55 GMT
>  IMO we haven't talked about specifically how the client side wsdd parsing is going to
happen and how those info be eventually be set to the message context. Well we promoted concept
of symmetry in server side and client side. So if that is the case it shouldn't be the registry
that keeps the wsdd info, because if I remember right server side out path is initiated by
the sender.
what ever happens the it is registry that holds the infomation about
the services but it is Call that parse the server.xml, I think that is
what you mean :)

> Correct me if I'm wrong Think it's the call who should create the Messagecontext. So
this wsdd info or a pointer to that should eventually end up in the Call at the time of the
Creation of Message Context.

yap have a look at the Call class constructer already there ;)
Thanks
Srinath

> Regards
> Chathura

the WSDL says the operation is IN-OUT, the client can invoke it either synchronously or asynchronously.
So we need a mechanism to store these properties. It may be possible to take them from the
WSDD as well. Then we need to decide where we can keep the WSDD information in the client
side. Is it the engine registry?

> Please comment
>
> Jaliya

the Service Desc and it is already there. So not only the MEP's you mentioned, but the concept
of MEP in WSDL 2.0 can be brought in keeping open the opportunity for MEP extensions.

> Further I believe the deployment will know weather an operation is sync or async at the
deployment time. So think that should go in as a new method to the AxisOperation in the service
Desc.

> Thoughts
>
> Cheers
> Chathura

May be the name will be ClientReceiver or something.
> Client receiver should have the logic to handle the sync or async cases and it may get
them by looking at the message context.

> So the provider will be called by the receiver. (This is also not a must).
>
> I think it is better if we add an integer field named message type.  This can have the
values of

> IN_ONLY
> IN_OUT_SYNC
> IN_OUT_ASYNC
>
> So we can use them in appropriate locations, sync and async is not that informative.
>
> So the message context will have the following methods.
>
> void setMessageType(int messageType);
> int getMessageType();
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jaliya N. Ekanayake
> Lanka Software Foundation
> (www.opensource.lk)

a proposal for it. Please have a look at the wiki