axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][OM] Simpler way to get NameSpace
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 03:26:19 GMT
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:46:23 +0600, Sanjiva Weerawarana
<sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
> "Srinath Perera" <hemapani@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > +1, this is what I have in my mind :) No OMNamespace for common case!
> >  shall we change  String getNamespaceName () -> String getNamespaceURI ()
>
> No .. "namespace name" is the right name for that! I agree common
> usage is namespace URI but that's not the right term.
>
> > > Why do we have OmElement.resolveNamespace (uri, prefix) right now?
> > > What purpose does that serve?
> > I think this is to obtain the OMNamespace object that declared with
> > (uri, prefix) pair.
>
> Well yes :-) but what good is it? In what scenarios do you look up
> a namespace declaration when you already know the namespace name
> and prefix?
+1 accepted :) I actually do not like OMNamespace no where in the API
(it is ok to have it in the impl hidden from the user) I was under the
impression that it is needed for building the OM e.g. Ajith say
>This is used during building. Once you say resolve namespace it
>returns the closest correct namespace object. it may be the
>decalaration in the same element or in one of its parents. It is
>actually a way of finding the namespace "object".
But we can give the prefix andnamespace Name and let the Impl resolve
the Namesapce object if he likes to so I am plus +1 for remove resolve
Namesapce