axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark D. Hansen" <m.hanse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: SAAJ 1.2 not implemented yet ?!?!
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:06:40 GMT
dims,

I submitted the bug, along with a patch to NodeImpl.java, and added a
test to test.saaj.TestDOM.java.  See
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1713.

Do you think that you can include this fix in Axis 1.2 Final?

>From poking around in there, it seems to me that SAAJ 1.2 is still
pretty buggy.  I'll fix more stuff as I have time.

For the project I'm working on, SAAJ 1.2 is important.  Personally, I'd
like to see Axis 1.2 Final have a very solid SAAJ 1.2 implementation.  I
don't know if anybody else cares that much about it or not.  If some of
you developers tell me that it is important, I could try to find time to
apply some of the W3C DOM implementation tests to Axis 1.2RC2, clean up
SAAJ as much as possible, and submit it all as a big patch.  But maybe
it is not worth cleaning up Axis SAAJ that much because it is going to
be superceded by Axis 2??? Let me know if anyone considers it important
to continue improving SAAJ 1.2 in Axis 1.2x.

-- Mark